CSOB Internetbanking 24
What is the difference between the available and actual balance?
The actual balance is the balance on the clients account at a given time from which interest is charged.
The available balance is the balance of funds that the client can use at the given time (it may be increased by an account current for example or decreased by a transaction made by a bank card).
Can I set up Electronic Banking services at any branch or do I have to go to my home branch?
The CSOB Linka 24 service can be set up at any branch, as can related services (CSOB Mobil 24 or CSOB Internetbanking 24). Changes regarding these services (such as a change of mailing address, opening new accounts, generation of a new PIN, change of password, etc.) can also be made at any branch.
How to eliminate the cause of the message ‘The page must be viewed with a high security browser’?
The CSOB Internetbanking 24 service requires 128-bit encoding. Upgrade the encoding level of your MS Internet Explorer. The upgrading data you require can be accessed at http://www.microsoft.com/
If you use MS Windows 2000, you need to upgrade the encoding for the whole operating system. The upgrading data you require can be accessed at http://www.microsoft.com/
How to eliminate the cause of the message ‘Registration denied! An error has occurred in the running of the Cryptographic Service Provider’
Reinstall the drivers of your smart card reader by following the steps below:
- Run the CryptoPlus client installation pack. You can find an updated compressed version on the page called Updated software downloads – unzip the file on your hard drive and in the directory which opens up double-click on the file called install.exe
- The installation guide will keep you informed about how the installation is progressing, and will detect problems that arise and propose solutions.
- Complete the installation by following the instructions in the section ‘How to continue’.
Once the software for the CSOB Internetbanking 24 service has been successfully installed, the following message will appear at the top of the installing guide, in the section Current Status of CryptoPlus Installation: ‘At least one card reader is available in the system. CryptoPlus has been completely installed and is ready for use.’
How to eliminate the cause of the message ‘Certificate registration will not be possible because difficulties have emerged in the installation and running of the Signer cryptographic component’
An up-to-date Signer cryptographic component needs to be installed.
Proceed as follows:
- In MS Internet Explorer, in the main menu select Tools > Internet Options > Security. Here, select Trustworthy Servers (the green circle). Set the security level to Medium with the sliding button and press Servers. In the field ‘Add this server’, write https://ib24.csob.cz and press Add. Cross the field ‘Require validation of all servers in this zone’ and press OK. Then sign in again.
- In MS Internet Explorer (you must not be at the IB24.csob.cz website), in the main menu select Tools > Internet Options > General > Temporary Internet Files > Settings > View Objects. Here, delete the SigVer Class component by selecting it and pressing Remove. The next time you register for the CSOB Internetbanking 24 service (including registration via a smart card) you will automatically asked to install the Signer cryptographic component.
How to prevent the signing-in page from re-downloading immediately after signing in
MS Internet Explorer, in the main menu select Tools > Internet Options > Security. Here, select Trustworthy Servers (the green circle). Set the security level to Medium with the sliding button and press Servers. In the field ‘Add this server’, write https://ib24.csob.cz and press Add. Cross the field ‘Require validation of all servers in this zone’ and press OK. Then sign in again.
Why does a screen appear with the following text when I enter my identification Number and PIN: ‘Waiting for response from bank’?
This screen then keeps repeating.These are technical problems at CSOB. Please be patient while we resolve the problem.
What does the text ‘HTTP 500 – Internal Server Error’ mean?
These are technical problems at CSOB. Please be patient while we resolve the problem.
What is the cause of the message ‘Incorrect PIN’?
This message occurs when the service is blocked following three incorrect attempts at entering the PIN (e.g. because of confusion between the access PIN and the smart card PIN). The same five-digit PIN used for signing in to the CSOB Linka 24 service applies for registration without a smart card. The service can be unblocked at any CSOB point of sale.
Why does the scanner not reappear in the system when I restart, even though it works properly after installation?
Resource Manager is probably run before the Plug & Play scanner is detected by MS Windows. Restart Resource Manger with the attached scanner via the installed program Gemplus SmartDiag v 2.0 (available at http://helpdesk.cryptoplus.cz/csob/index.html). Warning: the information on these pages is in Czech.
Can the GemPC 430 smart card reader be installed in MS Windows NT 4.0?
MS Windows NT 4.0 does not support USB equipment as a standard feature, and therefore it is very difficult to design a USB driver for this operating system. The situation may change in the future, but at present Windows NT 4.0 is not supported by Gemplus for this scanner.
Can a smart card reader other than the one you sell be used?
Yes. You can use the scanners of other manufacturers which meet the ISO/IEC 7816 standard for card communication and which have a PC/SC driver available from the manufacturer.
How can I unblock a blocked smart card?
You can unblock a chip card in the application I.CA Cryptoplus by following the steps below:
- Insert the chip card into the scanner.
- Close all applications using the I.CA Cryptoplus card.
- Run the I.CA Cryptoplus utility (it is on the desktop or in the menu Start > Programs > I.CA Cryptoplus).
- Read the information on the inserted card via the menu View > Renew.
- In the left-hand window, mark the chip card with your mouse.
- In the main menu, select File > PIN Unblocking Change ... In the window which appears, enter the necessary information and press OK. The PIN and PUK must have a minimum of four and a maximum of eight digits.
What are the software and hardware requirements for CSOB Internetbanking 24?
a personal computer with a Pentium or similar (e.g. AND) processor
MS Windows 2000, XP (Windows 2000 or above recommended),
256 MB operating memory (512 MB or more recommended),
- Internet browser:
a free port for the connection of the chip card scanner based on the type of chip card scanner used (serial, USB, PCMCIA),
a chip card scanner supporting communication via a PC/SC interface recommended by GemPC 400, PCMCIA card (for laptops), GemPC 410, GemPC Twin (serial port), GemPC 430, GemPC Twin (USB port),
a valid chip card certificate for signing in and for signing orders sent to CSOB.
How long is the certificate valid?
A certificate is valid for one year (i.e. 365 days) as of the date of issue. A certificate may be renewed directly from the application (using the ‘Renew Certificate’ and ‘Install Certificate’ functions). However, you may only renew a certificate while it is still valid, preferably during the final 30 days of validity. If you don’t renew the certificate before it expires, you must have a new certificate issued at any branch (Registration Authority) of the bank.
What screen resolution has the service been optimized for?
A resolution of 800x600 pixels is ideal. However, you may also use resolutions of up to 1152x864 or 1280x1024 pixels.
Why is the date displayed incorrectly in the service?
The service has probably been run on web browser which has not been recommended. Install the browser recommended for the service.
I received the message ‘Transaction limit exceeded’. Why can’t the payment order be carried out?
The transaction limit you have entered in the service is lower than the amount of your payment order. Contact any CSOB point of sale and ask to change your CSOB Internetbanking 24 limit.
What is the cause of the message ‘Due date must be the same or higher than the current date’?
The system date in your computer has been set incorrectly. Please set the system date in your computer correctly.
Why hasn’t my certificate been renewed?
The certificate could not be renewed because it contains unauthorized characters. Certificate renewal can only be carried out by requesting the issue of a new certificate at the RA (Registration Authority – any of the bank’s points of sale).
|Table of authorized characters
|Latin – capitals
||A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
|Latin – lower case
||a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h, i, j, k, l, m, n, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z
||0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
What web browser do I need to use CSOB Internetbanking 24?
This service can be used with the following web browsers:
- MS Internet Explorer 5.5 (SP 2 or higher) – no limits,
- MS Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher – no limits.
Warning: in order to ensure the highest security and correctness of the functions, operating systems must always have the latest Service Pack of the manufacturer.
Note: In MS Internet Explorer 5.5 (SP 1), the saving of files in TXTR and SLK format does not work.
How do I separate the prefix of the beneficiary’s account number when I want to make a payment order via CSOB Mobil 24 or CSOB Internetbanking 24?
The prefix of the beneficiary’s account number is separated with a cross when you use CSOB Mobil 24 and with a dash when you use CSOB Internetbanking 24.